Take A Moment...

werd: james niche

What a sad day, September 11, 2001.

I know we all remember where we were and the disbelief.

Today is a day to pray, and give thought to so many innocent people who lost their lives in horror.

New York City, at one point was my second home.

I've traveled there quite a bit over the past ten years and have loved it as if it was my mother. I had been by the towers many times on my way down to Battery Park and the Staten Island Ferry. I was always sure to get a good picture at the base looking up every time, for art reasons mainly.

When I first started spending time down there, I loved the towers because while on foot, if you had any doubts about which direction to go when getting off a train you could always look south and find the towers to guide your way back down to SoHo. (The hotel I have been staying at is located in south SoHo)

I didn't lose any one I knew directly, but having many friends on Long Island and in the boroughs, through them I met so many that died. That includes scores and scores of firemen.

A friend of mine had attended over seventy-five funerals after the event. Over seventy-five firemen that just he knew alone.

These were guys from all over Manhattan, Brooklyn, Jersey City, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and a ton of guys from Long Island.

I'm not going to drag this out forever, but there is so much to know about the events of September 11, 2001. So much to research if you really want answers.

I am a very intelligent man and I am not one to jump on conspiracy theories because I can form my own thoughts.

In my case, I have lots of questions that will never be answered.

This isn't about that though, this is about the men who died and those terrorized all over the country.

Give some thought and prayer for these families, men and women.





I leave you with a few videos I find interesting.







There is also a piece on the History Channel called "102 Minutes That Changed America". It's a program run in real time, with video from people who had been all over the city recording. Video that has never been seen before publicly.

9pm Tonight on the History Channel.

CLICK HERE FOR PREVIEW

Peace.

- Games

Right now we're listening to:

Frank Sinatra "New York, New York" ("Trilogy: Past, Present, Future", 1979, Columbia Records)


No comments: